MY MESSAGE TODAY

June 19, 2009

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

Thanks for dropping by ;o) Either you're a new visitor or an old one - pls. click HERE so you can view my latest posts. I have my own domain for shewrites and it would be very much appreciated if you can share your thoughts.

God Bless...


meili


Monday, December 22, 2008

EVER BELIEVED IN SANTA?

SHE WRITES:

Waking up every December 25th was one of the most exciting days of my life when I was 9 years old and younger. I would run to my gifts and open them with big ahhhs and ooohs in disbelief that Santa passed by and gave me (and my siblings) those gifts! When I found out that Mr. Santa was mom and dad, I didn't get disappointed but rather grateful that even if we didn't have much money, there wasn't a Christmas morn where we woke up with no gifts. When my siblings and I were all grown up, I asked my dad why they kept doing that "Santa" thingy even if we were hard up financially. He told me something that made it all the more special... Papa said seeing the JOY in our faces, with those wide eyes as we opened the gifts made their efforts all worth it. So even if he and my mom had to sacrifice paying off the loans they made, he said it was still worth it because nothing compares seeing us happy... Writing this blog make me miss them terribly... sigh...

So now, I pass this on to our son EJ... as I mentioned in my previous post, 2007 was our first Christmas together as a family and it was also the first time he was able to wake up to that Christmas morn with gifts waiting for him. Yes indeed, if you can see his picture on that post, you'll know what I mean when I say there's THAT look :o) Although we call it differently, we tell him papa will turn into a Santa Papa on Christmas day. EJ knows the fat guy with white beard but the glory won't really go to him on Christmas day because our son knows the gifts will come from his papa... Plus of course, we tell him about the birth of Jesus - the reason for this season.

How about you? As a child, ever believed in Santa?

A. Yes, I did
B. No, I didn't
C. Others (pls. specify)

YOU WRITE:

A. Yes, I did
B. No, I didn't
C. Others (pls. specify)


15 comments:

Henry the Dog said...

Are you saying there's no Santa Paws? I'm devastated:(

betty said...

I enjoyed reading about the joy you described your parents having when they gave gifts to you/siblings as you were younger even though it was financially hard at times; I think it is seeing that joy that makes a lot of people go overboard at Christmas and spend more than they should; I think its neat your parents were able to find a way to make it all work for them and their kids!

I believed in Santa Claus until I was about 8 and then I saw my mom wrapping gifts that ended up saying "from Santa" so I asked her and she told me the truth; I kind of knew, being the youngest of 3 and my brother had hinted, so I wasn't too upset, although I have heard of other kids falling to pieces when they hear Santa is their parents

with our 2 kids we didn't do the Santa thing; they knew gifts came from us and they celebrated too, the real reason for the season; we did take them yearly to see Santa and to get their pictures taken with him and through the years that was priceless to look back and see how much they grew and changed over the years

betty

Mari said...

We never did Santa when I was a kid. My parents didn't have anything against but they didn't grow up doing it. We still had presents waiting for us though!

Jenners said...

Oh that photos is priceless!

Sorry I haven't been by in a while ... the holidays are catching up to me and I'm behind on EVERYTHING!

I do remember believing in Santa but I have no real recollection or "stunning" realization that there wasn't really a Santa and that it was mom and dad. I know some people report being scarred and horrified but I honestly don't remember when I made the transition from Believer to Non-Believer. But let me tell you, I LOVE being Santa Claus to my little one!

Shannon Jacobyansky said...

Who hasn't believed...LOL! A big "YES" here!

Lee said...

I did. A long, long time ago!

Anonymous said...

yup! i did...but only until about 4 years old when they revealed the sad news that yeah, ther eis no santa claus...hehe anyway, the gifts continued even while i was still high school, i think. and we were just very happy during christmas, even during the time when my tatay lost his job and i just had a new brother. i think we only had dried fish and some pancit for christmas dinner and it was my father's birthday.

so many things happened and changed..but those are my childhood memories. :-)

Anonymous said...

I still do believe!! Well, I really want to...

SSQuo said...

Of course!! If humanly possible would have loved to keep believing in him, weird right? Well, its just innocence and faith in things we were told that makes it extra special.

meili_lo said...

it made me realize how much i miss my childhood... times when we just believe without questions and our JOYS weren't so hard to satisfy... Sometimes i hope we stay that way :o)

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE...

jkluginbill said...

I did believe in Santa...for as long as I could! Sounds kind of crazy right? I don't remember when I stopped believing but my mom always kept the magic alive (she still does - the oldest is 41, youngest 19). I thank her for that. My son believed until 8 or 9 (I think) and while he knows the real meaning of Christmas he also knows the magic and the love. Now for "Santa" we donate - Angel Tree, Toys for Tots - a fun family affair!

Heather said...

I just found your blog and looking it over brings a tear to my eyes. Your love for life, our Creator, your little Prince and King of your castle shows all over your page. You're precious!

Blessings to you in abundant amounts this Christmas...
...oh and yes, I most certainly believed in Santa until my brother and I argued otherwise. I just couldn't figure out how those exciting presents made there way under the tree every Christmas Eve.

I wrote about my Christmas Eve memories this morning on my blog (prompted from Pictures, Poetry & Prose); take a look, if you have the minutes.

~I'm glad I found your site ;o).

Anonymous said...

I did believe in Santa . . . until I actually read the note that he left behind and saw that the handwriting was my mother and father's. But, realizing that didn't take away from the fun of Santa Claus. My parents and I still had fun with it every Christmas. :o)

Inkpot said...

I've never believed in Santa, my parents never mentioned him, but we always got LOADS of presents at Christmas and still do! I can't say it has ever diminished the joy of Christmas for me and I've always found it really hard to see why people believe in Santa. Your photo and post are adorable. :)

Laura Jayne said...

Once upon a time there was still magic in my heart and Santa flew the night.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online