MY MESSAGE TODAY

June 19, 2009

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

Thanks for dropping by ;o) Either you're a new visitor or an old one - pls. click HERE so you can view my latest posts. I have my own domain for shewrites and it would be very much appreciated if you can share your thoughts.

God Bless...


meili


Tuesday, November 25, 2008

WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE A FRIEND THAT'S FUNNY OR LOYAL?

SHE WRITES:

I'd like to thank a fellow blogger named t for constributing her thoughts...
"a question that my family once discussed around the dinner table: would you rather have a friend who is funny or loyal? obviously, a blend of both is probably what you find in most good friends, but assuming you had to choose one or the other, which would it be?"

If just one, I would choose someone who's loyal. I think I'm funny enough =) so I'll just make sure I'll get to influence her, hihi. I think a loyal friend may not be funny, but i sure hope not boring. Not being funny doesn't mean boring right? =0

How about you? Would you rather have a friend who is funny or loyal?
A. Funny
B. Loyal
C. Others (pls. specify.) - pls. remember you cannot have both

YOU WRITE:

A. Funny
B. Loyal
C. Others (pls. specify.) - pls. remember you cannot have both

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...that's tough...i think i would like a loyal friend more. it's okay if he or she is not funny, as long he or she is loyal.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...that would be loyal for me...:D

Anonymous said...

loyalty is i think the best asset a friend could have.:D

Mari said...

It would have to be loyal. Funny is great but if that's all - it's not worth it!

Jenners said...

I think funny... but I hope she wouldn't do anything horrible to me or she wouldn't be a friend. I've had very loyal friends that I didn't enjoy being around very much and ultimately that ended the friendship. I'll put up with a lot if you make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Loyalty for me

Lee said...

Funny's good but loyalty is better.

drNO said...

of course loyal...
if he/she's funny but not loyal...that's not true friend.

Aizan Suhaira said...

Definitely loyal. I can provide the laughs in the friendship (can I? Hmmmm...)

Dory_42 said...

It has to be loyal... You can have a whole load of acquaintances who can make you laugh, but when the hard times come you need a loyal friend or two at your side to help you through it!
My closest friends may not be the funniest people I know, but they know me deeply and because of that we probably laugh more than I do with the funny acquaintances I have. The loyal friends are prized much more highly to me. If you really need to laugh, you can always hire a DVD, but they are quite uncomfortable to lean on when you need to cry!!

Anonymous said...

While funny is a great trait for a friend to have, the importance of loyalty, for me, far outweighs the need for a friend to be funny. I have plenty of acquaintances who are funny that I really don't need anymore. However, for the few friends that I have, that I bring into my life, it is so important that friend be loyal.

It's interesting that you bring this topic up as I just let go of a friendship of five years because this friend repeatedly demonstrated a lack of loyalty to me and our friendship. While sometimes I feel the emptiness of her not being a part of my life, I had to be true to myself and treat myself with respect. Loyalty above all is crucial. Without that, for me, there can be no trust. If there can be no trust - there is no basis for any relationship.

Shannon Jacobyansky said...

Loyal hands down...the laughter will follow!

Unknown said...

Loyalty comes first!

Brenda Susan said...

Oh Dear, you are keeping track of my comments! What pressure! Ha!
On this one I WANT BOTH & you said I could not have both, so what am I to do? LOL!

Jessi Dawn said...

Definitely loyalty for me. In fact, is a friend really a friend if they are not loyal? Lots of people can be friends without being funny, but can a friend be a friend without loyalty? Hummmm...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Hope you stop back again soon.

Blessings,
Jess

Henry the Dog said...

Definitely loyalty. Us dogs are known for being loyal. It's what makes us so popular - so it must be something you guys hold in high esteem.

Claudia said...

Loyal....I can always make someone laugh or find something to laugh about all the time.

Claudia

Barbara said...

definately Loyal. I have had the other and it wasn't good.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online